The Run for Calgary in support of Canadian Blood Services
200 Barclay Parade SW #202
AB T2P 4R5
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association (AMYA) is the largest Muslim youth group of its kind in Canada, with over 90 local chapters across Canada. The objective of AMYA is to foster within the Ahmadi Muslim youth, the true core Islamic values of serving mankind and giving back to the community. AMYA’s slogan is “nations cannot be reformed without the reformation of the youth“. Through the Muslims for Life campaign, AMYA has proudly been supporting Canadian Blood Services by participating in blood drives and stem cell swabbing events.
- The Run for Canada Initiative was launched by the Ahmadiyya Jama’at and is administered by the local Youth Association and Elders Association. It is a volunteer-led social not-for-profit organization, raising funds for local initiatives, and integrating communities through quality runs and walks across Canada. The charity run is held in different cities to raise money for local hospitals and health care. https://www.ahmadiyya.ca/public/runforcanada
- The Run for Calgary: The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at in Calgary has partnered with Canadian Blood Services for this year’s run. All the funds raised will be donated to Canadian Blood Services. http://runforcalgary.org/
- Date: Saturday September 14th
- Time: Registration begins at 10 am. The run starts at 11 am.
- Location: Eau Claire Market
- Number of Participants: They typically get between 300 – 400 runners. They are increasing their promotions and recruitment efforts this year and are striving for 400 – 500 runners.