Here’s the latest Canada Day special episode in which Chef Rajeev share his two secret recipes for Punjabi Quesadillas and Quinoa salad.
Quinoa Salad with kale and apple
· 1/2 cup dry quinoa
· 6 cups slightly packed chopped kale
· 2 crisp sweet apples, cored and diced (Recommended gala apples)
· ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
· 1/2 cup Strawberries
· 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1/4 vegetable oil
· 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
· 2 Tbsp honey
· 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
· 1 teaspoon green chilli chopped
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Cook quinoa according to directions on the package and cool completely.
· Whisk together olive oil, vegetable oil, lemon juice, ginger, honey, green chilli, salt and pepper in a bowl.
· In large bowl toss in everything together and dressing add cheese and toss just lightly.
· Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 to 3 hours.
Punjabi Quesadilla Ingredients:
· 4 or roti
· 1 tsp oil
· Salt to taste
· For the inner stuffing:
· 1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
· 1/2 cup Capsicum (finely chopped) (I used green and red capsicum)
· 1/2 cup Mushroom (sliced)
· 1/4 tsp Fenugreek
· 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
· 1/2 tsp Jeera powder
· 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
· Salt to taste
· 4 tbsp leftover cooked Chana masala puree
· 1/2 cup Green chutney
· 1 cup Grated cheese (mozzarella)
· Oil to toast
· On a medium-hot pan, add oil cook onion, capsicum, and mushroom.
· Now add salt, fenugreek and chilli flakes. Set aside for 5mins
· Spread chana masala puree on half side of roti or tortilla.
· First sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese on top of the puree. Then spoon the filling, sprinkle chutney and more cheese to cover the filling.
· Now fold the other half side of roti/tortilla on it.
· Heat Tawa; carefully place the roti on the Tawa. Drizzle oil and cook on both the sides until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.