What is Personal Information?
Personal information means information about you as an identifiable individual, including your name, age, home address, telephone number, credit card number, birthday etc. (“Personal Information”).
What is Non-Personal Information?
Non-personal information is information that is not associated with you individually, including anonymous aggregated information, information about your visits to this Site and its individual pages, the length of time on each page, advertisements shown, advertisements clicked and other information about your computer’s operating system, mobile device and web browser software (“Non-Personal Information”).
Do we use external tools on the Site?
We have integrated and use Google Analytics, Google AdSense and Facebook Pixel on the Site and for any YouTube and Facebook videos embedded on the Site. We share information about your use of this website with Google and Facebook respectively by integrating and using these tools on the Site.
When do we collect Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information from you in the following circumstances:
- when you become a RED FM member using our official RED FM phone application;
- when you enter a contest or other promotional activity;
- when you participate in any charity, radiothon or fundraiser events hosted by RED FM;
- when you participate in our interactive activities on this Site such as online polls, chatrooms and bulletin boards;
- when you provide feedback or suggestions to us;
- when you subscribe to our email newsletters; and
- when you provide us news tips.
How do we use your Personal Information?
When you provide us Personal Information, we use your information only for the purposes described in this policy and as we may also advise you at the time you provide us the Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information as follows:
- RED FM membership – We collect Personal Information when you sign up to become a RED FM member on our phone application. We collect only as much Personal Information as is required to maintain and administer your membership and our membership list. We share this information with our third party application developer Clearnet Software who maintains your name and email address on their own secured SQL database. By signing up to become a RED FM member you consent to this use and sharing.
- Contests – We collect Personal Information when you enter one of our contests or other promotional activities. This information is collected for the purposes administering the contest or promotional event, ensuring contest eligibility requirements and identifying and communicating with any prize winners. By entering such contests, you consent to this use and sharing.
- Charity, radiothons and fundraiser events – We collect Personal Information when you participate in and donate money to charity, radiothon and fundraising events hosted by RED FM. This information is collected for the purposes of identifying and verifying you as the intended donor and completing any donations, including cash, cheque or credit card payments. During each of these events, we advise our listeners that their information will be given to the intended charity or fundraising event for processing payments and issuing tax receipts. We enter into agreements with these charity or fundraising organizations to bind them to only use your information for the purpose of completing the donation payments, issuing any charitable receipts and sending letters thanking you for your donation, which letters contain an opt out clause should you want to cease any further communications with them. By participating in such charity, radiothons and fundraising events, you consent to this use and sharing.
- Interactive Site such as online polls, chatrooms and bulletin boards – We may collect your Personal Information when you participate in online polls, chatrooms and bulletin boards. We only use this information for the purpose of administering the online polls, chatrooms or bulletin boards. By participating in such online polls, chatrooms and bulletin boards, radiothons, you consent to this use and sharing.
- Feedback or suggestions – We collect your Personal Information (name, email and telephone number) when you provide feedback or suggestions through this Site, by telephone, by email or by mail. We collect this information for the purposes of considering your feedback within RED FM and so that we may reply to you. By providing such feedback or suggestions, you consent to this use and sharing.
What if my child provides Personal Information?
What about links to Third Party Sites?
This Site contains links to third party websites, such as our advertising partners. Please understand that we do not have any control over the privacy practices or policies of any website other than our own. We strongly suggest you review the privacy policies of every other website you visit, whether linked from this Site or otherwise. We assume no responsibility or liability should you provide Personal Information and/or Non-Personal Information to third party websites.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
If you provide us with Personal Information, we use your information for our internal purposes only. We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise share your Personal Information to third parties, except with your consent as noted above.
When you participate in and donate to a charity or other fundraising event hosted by RED FM, the charity or fundraising organization in question processes your donation, not RED FM. You consent to us providing the Personal Information we collect from you to the charity/fundraiser in question so that they can verify your identity, complete the donation payment and issue any charitable receipt. RED FM enters into contracts with these charity/fundraiser organizations to bind them to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to prohibit them from using the information for any other purpose than completing the donation payment and issuing charitable receipts.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any parties, other than are noted above, unless required by law. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary and/or to comply with court order or legal process served on us.
Once your Personal Information is no longer required for the purposes stated above, it will be destroyed.
How do we secure your Personal Information?
We understand your privacy is very important to you. We take precautions to protect your Personal Information.
When you submit sensitive information to us, whether in person, by telephone, by email, through this Site or otherwise, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive Personal Information through this Site that information is encrypted and transmitted to us using HTTPS protocol end-to-end encryption and stored on a secured server. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
Only employees who need access to your Personal Information to perform a specific job are granted access to your Personal Information.
The computers/servers on which we store your Personal Information on are kept in a secure environment. We use firewalls and encryption technology to electronically store Personal Information. We make best efforts to protect our computers/servers. However, please understand that while we use best efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information as no security is impenetrable.
How can you address questions about your Personal Information?
If you have any questions or concerns about:
- updating or accessing your Personal Information;
- withdrawing your consent to the continued use of your Personal Information;
- cancelling your email newsletter subscription; or
please contact us via telephone at 1-604-598-9311 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.