RED FM Calgary is happy to announce that our 2020 Gurpurab radiothon will be held on November 30th, 2020, to support Punjabi Community Health Services of Calgary (PCHS Calgary).
This has been an unprecedented year with COVID-19; however, we realize that it is in such challenging times that we all have to step up and offer our help to those in need.Michael Pedersen, Station Manager RED FM Calgary
PCHS Calgary is a registered charity offering a practical approach to tackle family violence, addiction and mental health issues. They are reducing barriers to accessibility and availability of critical social services in South Asian languages.
This year, PCHS Calgary has serviced over 500 clients, and many more South Asians are on the waiting list.
PCHS Calgary desires to increase its capacity to support the growing needs of the South Asian community. With your donations, PCHS Calgary will be able to better serve our community.
We believe that our listeners will come together during the 2020 GurPurab Radiothon at RED FM Calgary on November 30th, 2020, to help PCHS Calgary provide a valuable social service in South Asian languages to our community.
PCHS Calgary is dedicated and passionate about servicing the South Asian community during this Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. We need your support to help us, help our community, through your donations and ongoing support. This is a challenging time and your valuable contributions will have an impact. We are together in this storm, but some are struggling more in weathering it. Let us band together as a community to help each other.Nina Saini, PCHS Calgary Executive Director
How to Donate:
We are grateful for your support.
- Phone: On November 30th, 2020, please call 403-286-1010 to donate using your credit card.
- Cheque: Your cheque should be payable to:
C/O RED FM #420-4774 Westwinds Dr.
N.E. Calgary T3J0L7.
RED FM does not retain any portion of the Funds. 100% of the funds collected during the radiothon are for PCHS Calgary.
To find out more about PCHS Calgary, visit them online at https://www.pchscalgary.com/
COVID-19 safety protocols during radiothon:
- This year, because of COVID-19 and keeping our donors and staff’s safety into consideration, we will not be accepting any in-person donations.
- We encourage you to donate using your credit card or by mailing your donation cheque.
- Every year, volunteers help us graciously during the radiothon; however this year, we will be conducting the radiothon without the kind help of volunteers.
- Visitors will not be allowed inside the radio station during the radiothon.